04 February 2007

UPDATE: Larval Subjects is Not Moving at this Moment

Alright, I'm in full flake out mode. However, after playing with Typepad all afternoon, I've concluded that blogger is still the lesser or two evils. Although the layout is nice over at Typepad, you have a very low degree of freedom when it comes to formatting. It seems to me that they've purposefully designed things in such a way that you have to pay for more expensive accounts to get this freedom. Thus, for instance, if I wished to keep my blogroll up to date, I would either a) have to rewrite the whole damn thing anytime I wish to add someone new (as their $8.95 program doesn't let you directly insert new names but only order them according to the date they were written), or b) pay for the $14.95 account that allows you to muck about in templates and codes. Well clearly these little limitations are designed just to get you to up your account and pay more, which is a load of crap considering I have the ability to change these things directly here. So for the moment, despite difficulties that keep cropping up with comments, Larval Subjects will remain exactly where it is. Next time I'll be a bit more circumspect when playing around with another platform... Determining in advance whether I feel it does the job. In the meantime, my apologies to anyone who changed links on my account.

I'm going to go growl and gnash my teeth now.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you looked at WordPress at all? And before you sign up for anything else that involves money, drop me an email (ken.rufo@gmail.com).

February 04, 2007 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, go wordpress! you should be able to get some cheap hosting in the US, and WP kicks

February 04, 2007 5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wordpress is really the best. That's what I use for my continental-philosophy.org site to run it and it is the best in my view. The wordpress.com would give you a free site if you don't want your own domain.

February 06, 2007 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home